Mini-Minecraft Camp for teachers
An Introduction to games-based learning using MinecraftEdu
Welcome to Minecraft Camp [Slideshow]
- Press M to return to spawn.
How to play Minecraft [Slideshow]
- Game mechanics
Play Session – First Steps
- Mode: Survival, limited monsters, random world
- Skills: Cut down trees, Build a shelter, make a crafting table, craft planks, create a chest to share items, mine ore, eat a pork chop.
- Concepts: Mining, crafting, farming, surviving
Creative mode basics [Slideshow]
- Building blocks, navigation, teleportation, and item search
- Flying and biomes
Play Session – Plan and build within the given boundaries
- Mode: Creative, random world
- Skills: Building, design
- Concepts: Collaboration, geometry and architecture, scale
- Teacher Tool
- Server Tool
Play Session – Kingdom of Verona, Interactive play
- Mode: MinecraftEdu + Creative, Download Schematic
- Concepts: Quests, challenges, biomes, social structure, interactive info blocks.
- Kingdom of Verona [Download]
- Minecraft Project – Tang Dynasty Capital City
- Minechat Playlist – Colin Gallagher interviews Minecraft using educators in worlds they have created.
- Minecrafter Camp – Resource page. LOTS of ideas for using Minecraft in the classroom and people to connect with.
- Minecrafter Camp – Minecraft in Education page. In case you need evidence that Minecraft and gaming promotes deep learning.
- 101 Ideas for Minecraft Learners – Adam Clarke’s playlist on YouTube. Very creative ideas students will love doing.
- MinecraftEdu Homepage